Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
This fill-you-up ragu is a satisfying weeknight serve – think simmered grass-fed beef, sun-dried tomato sauce and sweet potato mash. Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten the greens: vitamin K-rich spinach is stirred through at the end.
930 calories • 96g carbs • 39g fat • 50g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Dissolve the half beef stock cube in a jug with with 150ml boiling water.
2. Roughly chop the red pepper and finely slice the mushrooms.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium- high heat and fry the beef mince for 8 mins until golden brown. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
4. Meanwhile, peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 1cm cubes and place in a saucepan. Cover with boiling water and cook for 10 mins until softened.
5. Add the red pepper and mushrooms to the beef and cook for 5 mins, then add the passata, sun-dried tomato paste, beef stock and dried Italian herbs. Simmer for 10 mins, then stir through the spinach.
6. Drain the sweet potato and mash with a potato masher. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
7. Serve the sweet potato mash on two warm plates and spoon over the rich beef bolognese. Sprinkle over the pine nuts.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person