Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Our beef steak mince comes from rare breed cows, raised on a pasture only diet, so it’s extra lean, flavour-packed and cooks in just 30 mins. Served with a vibrant avocado salsa.
595 calories • 59g carbs • 22g fat • 40g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins, then drain.
2. Roughly dice the red onion and the red pepper. Finely chop the garlic and the half red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat).
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and add the beef mince, onion, cinnamon and cumin. Cook for 5 mins until the beef has browned. Add the red pepper, garlic, half of the chopped chilli (to taste) and cook for a further 5 mins.
4. Pour in the passata and 100ml boiling water. Season with sea salt and black pepper, simmer for 15-20 mins.
5. Meanwhile, to make the avocado salsa; roughly dice the tomatoes, peel and de-stone the avocado and cut into small pieces. Roughly chop the coriander leaves. Mix the tomatoes, avocado and half of the coriander together in a bowl with the juice from half of the lime and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
6. Spoon the brown rice onto two warm plates alongside the minced steak chilli. In a small bowl, or to one side of each plate, serve the avocado salsa. Garnish the steak chilli with the remaining chilli, coriander and a squeeze of lime.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person