Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Our take on the Italian panzanella salad is made with sweet heritage tomatoes, crispy garlic roasted potatoes and topped with slices of juicy steak and a fresh herb salsa verde dressing.
435 calories • 25g carbs • 22g fat • 36g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 220C / gas mark 7.
2. Roughly chop the baby potatoes into small 1cm pieces. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the potatoes. Season with sea salt and black pepper and cook for 3 mins until lightly golden. Meanwhile, finely dice the garlic then add to the pan for the last minute. Spoon the potatoes onto a baking tray and place in the oven for 10 mins until turning golden.
3. Thinly slice the red onion. Place half of the red onion in a bowl with only half of the vinegar and 1 tbsp cold water, mix then leave to pickle.
4. Season the steaks with sea salt and black pepper on both sides. Heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) with 1/2 tbsp oil on a high heat and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins each side for medium-rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for a few mins. Add the remaining red onion to the pan and cook for a few mins until softened.
5. To make the salsa verde; finely chop the parsley, mint leaves and capers. Mix together in a small bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp cold water and the remaining vinegar. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
6. Slice the tomatoes in half and thinly slice the steaks.
7. Divide the rocket between two plates then scatter over the tomatoes, garlic potatoes and pickled red onion. Place the steak slices and cooked red onion on top and drizzle with the salsa verde.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person