Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Buttery cashew nuts and creamy coconut form the basis of the rich sauce in this curry. We add succulent free-range Cumbrian chicken, cherry tomatoes and sugar snap peas. A squeeze of fresh lime adds a dash of acidity to balance the dish.
611 calories • 55g carbs • 21g fat • 51g protein
Celery, Mustard, Nuts, Sulphites
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and add to a saucepan with 500ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins.
2. Finely dice the onion. Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
3. Heat a large pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and add the curry powder, diced onion and chicken and cook for 5 mins until turning golden.
4. Meanwhile, slice the cherry tomatoes in half and trim the sugar snap peas. Dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug with 150ml boiling water and stir in the cashew butter.
5. Add the creamed coconut and cashew butter to the chicken pan, along with the cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas and chilli flakes (to taste). Season with sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 5-10 mins until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Add more boiling water to the sauce for a thinner consistency, if desired.
6. Drain the black rice.
7. Spoon the black rice onto two warm plates and serve alongside the cashew chicken curry. Drizzle with the juice from the lime.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person