Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Our juicy butterflied chicken is spiced with jerk seasoning, a mix of coriander, paprika, allspice, cumin, nutmeg and bay. Served on buckwheat, red pepper and sweetcorn with a fresh tomato and chilli salsa.
518 calories • 46g carbs • 18g fat • 51g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the buckwheat and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water, simmer for 15 mins.
2. To butterfly the chicken, carefully slice through one side of each breast from the thickest part to the thinnest, being careful not to cut right through to the end. Open out the chicken breasts to resemble a butterfly. Place in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil, the jerk seasoning and a pinch of sea salt.
3. Heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) on a medium-high heat, then add the butterflied chicken breasts and cook for 5-10 mins each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
4 While the chicken is cooking, make the chilli tomato salsa; finely dice the half red onion and tomatoes and finely chop the chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Mix together in a bowl with half of the juice from the lime and season.
5. Dice the red pepper, roughly chop the coriander leaves and drain the sweetcorn. Drain the cooked buckwheat and stir through the red pepper, sweetcorn and half of the coriander. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
6. Spoon the red pepper and sweetcorn buckwheat onto two warm plates, top with the chicken and serve the tomato chilli salsa alongside. Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining coriander leaves and drizzle over the remaining lime juice.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person