Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
This colourful salad showcases succulent Norfolk-bred free-range chicken. We serve it with mixed salad leaves, fresh mango and a creamy tikka masala spiced sauce. Protein rich lentils lend the dish a hearty, comforting twist.
588 calories • 52g carbs • 19g fat • 56g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a baking tray and spread with only half of the tikka paste to make a thin layer. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
3. Thinly slice the red onion. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Peel and de-stone the mango and cut into cubes. Roughly chop the coriander leaves. Drain and rinse the lentils.
4. Heat a medium-sized pan with 2 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 7 mins until softened. Stir in the lentils and the cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Dissolve the creamed coconut in a bowl with 30ml boiling water. Then stir in the remaining tikka paste and a squeeze of lime juice.
6. In a large bowl, toss the mixed leaves with the lentil mix, mango and half of the coriander.
7. Thinly slice the chicken breasts. Place the leaf and lentil mix onto two warm plates. Top with the chicken breast slices, drizzle over the tikka coconut sauce and scatter over the remaining coriander.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person