Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Succulent butterflied chicken breast is marinated in Nando’s Medium PERi-PERi sauce, then pan-fried until golden. Served with gently spiced chips and a zesty nutritious red cabbage, spring onion, carrot and radish fino slaw.
609 calories • 55g carbs • 20g fat • 49g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 220C / fan 200C / gas mark 7 and boil a kettle.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into slices about 1cm thick, then cut into chips. Place a baking tray in the oven to preheat. Heat a saucepan of boiling water and blanch the potato chips for 3-4 mins. Drain in a colander and place on a clean tea-towel to dry. Drizzle 1/2 tbsp oil onto the baking tray and leave to heat in the oven for 1 minute. Place the chips in a single layer on the hot tray, sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, the smoked paprika and dried oregano and coat the chips in the oil. Cook for 25-30 mins, turning halfway through, until golden.
3. To butterfly the chicken, carefully slice through one side of each breast from the thickest part to the thinnest, being careful not to cut right through to the end. Open out the chicken breasts to resemble a butterfly. Place in a bowl with half of the Peri-Peri sauce (this is spicy, so add to your taste) and ½ tbsp oil. Leave to marinate.
4. Meanwhile, to make the slaw; on a separate chopping board, thinly slice the red cabbage and the radishes. Peel the carrots and grate. Thinly slice the spring onions and roughly chop the coriander and parsley leaves. Place all these ingredients into a mixing bowl and add the coconut yoghurt, a squeeze of lemon juice (to taste) and season with sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
5. Heat a griddle pan (BBQ or frying pan) on a medium-high heat, then add the butterflied chicken breasts and cook for 5-10 mins each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Serve the Nando's butterfly chicken on two warm plates, alongside the chips and slaw. Drizzle the chicken with the remaining Peri Peri sauce (to taste) and serve with the remaining lemon, cut into wedges.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person