Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Juicy chicken legs are marinated in Nando’s Medium PERi-PERi sauce, then oven-baked until tender. Complete with all the sides: protein-packed herby Macho Peas, creamy sweet potato mash and corn on the cob.
711 calories • 37g carbs • 33g fat • 61g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 220C / fan 200C / gas mark 7 and boil a kettle.
2. Place the chicken legs in a bowl and coat with half of the Peri-Peri sauce (this is spicy, so add to your taste). Place in an ovenproof dish and bake for 45-55 mins, until the chicken is cooked through. Insert a skewer into the thickest part of the leg and ensure the juices run clear. Ensure the chicken is piping hot before serving.
3. Meanwhile, peel and cut the sweet potato into small cubes, place in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20 mins until soft, then drain and mash. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
4. While the sweet potato is cooking, remove the husk from the corn on the cob and carefully cut in half widthways. Rub with 1/2 tsp oil and sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt. Heat a griddle pan (BBQ or frying pan) on a medium-high heat, then add the corn on the cob to the pan for 10 mins, turning frequently, until turning golden and softened.
5. To make the macho peas; boil another kettle. Finely chop the leaves from two sprigs of fresh parsley and one sprig of fresh mint. Fill a separate saucepan with boiling water, add the fresh peas and cook for 3 mins, then drain. Using the same saucepan, heat 1/2 tsp olive oil on a medium heat and add a pinch of sea salt and the chilli flakes (to taste) and cook for 30 seconds. Add the peas back to the saucepan and stir through the chopped herbs, mix together well. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
6. Serve the Peri Peri chicken on two warm plates alongside the sweet potato mash, macho peas and corn on the cob. Drizzle the chicken with the remaining peri-peri sauce, to taste.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person