Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Inspired by Persian flavours, these succulent chicken thighs are baked with a bold, bright mix of cinnamon, cumin and sumac. Served with pomegranate-studded brown rice, flaked almonds and roasted tenderstem broccoli.
598 calories • 61g carbs • 22g fat • 41g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked.
2. Meanwhile, cut the onion into 2cm pieces. Trim the tenderstem broccoli and slice in half lengthways.
3. In a large bowl, mix the cumin, cinnamon and sumac together with 2 tsp oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Place the chicken in the bowl and stir to coat.
4. Spread the onion out in a large oven-proof dish (or baking tray) and top with the chicken thighs. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. In the last 15 mins of the chicken cooking, add the tenderstem broccoli to the ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the flaked almonds with 1 tsp oil. Place back in the oven for the final 15 mins, turning halfway through cooking.
6. While the chicken and vegetables are in the oven, slice the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds. Roughly chop the mint leaves, discarding the stalks. Drain the brown rice and stir through a squeeze of lemon juice, the pomegranate seeds and the mint leaves.
7. Spoon the pomegranate rice onto two warm plates and top with the Persian chicken thighs. Serve alongside the roasted onion and tenderstem. Drizzle over the remaining lemon juice.
Chef's tip - To remove the pomegranate seeds; slice in half, gently push the back of the fruit and tap with the back of a wooden spoon to release the seeds.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person