Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Glazed in a sweet-sour honey and tamari sauce, our sticky, free-range chicken thighs taste totally indulgent. Zingy pickled cucumber adds brightness, while our ‘mindful’ spin on egg fried rice lends fibre and vitamins.
971 calories • 95g carbs • 42g fat • 72g protein
Eggs, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / fan 180C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked, then drain.
2. Place the chicken thighs in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins or until cooked through. In a bowl mix together the honey, tamari and half of the apple cider vinegar and set aside.
3. Make a quick pickled cucumber; slice the baby cucumber into long thin ribbons with a peeler. Place in a bowl with the remaining apple cider vinegar and a pinch of sea salt, then set aside to pickle.
4. Finely slice the spring onions and red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Crack the two eggs into a bowl and whisk for 30 seconds.
5. When the rice is cooked, heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Cook the chilli and spring onions for 2 mins, then incorporate the beaten egg into the pan, stirring quickly until it starts to scramble. Add the cooked rice and baby spinach to the pan, mix well to allow the spinach to wilt, and season with sea salt and black pepper. Set aside to keep warm.
6. When the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and place in another frying pan with the honey-tamari sauce. Cook on a high heat until the sauce reduces and thickens, turning the chicken regularly to coat (this should take about 2 mins).
7. Serve the egg and spinach rice on two warm plates, and top with the chicken. Drizzle over the remaining sauce from the pan and sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Serve alongside the pickled cucumber.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person