Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A light turkey noodle and fresh salad dish with highlights of fresh mint, chilli and cucumber. Drizzled in a fragrant South East Asian fish sauce, lime and honey dressing and sprinkled with peanuts.
1198 calories • 124g carbs • 33g fat • 107g protein
Fish, Peanuts, Sesame
1. Boil a kettle. Pour boiling water into a medium-sized saucepan until 3/4 full, bring to the boil and plunge the brown rice noodles into the pan, cook for 2 mins then add the mangetout and cook for a further 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Place the mangetout and noodles into a large bowl, add the sesame oil and 1 tbsp cold water to prevent sticking. Mix well.
3. Peel the carrots. Using a julienne peeler/spiralizer (or regular peeler) slice the carrot into long thin strips. Cut the cucumber in half lengthways then thinly slice. Finely slice the red chilli (remove seeds for less heat). Roughly chop the coriander and mint leaves. Place all into the large bowl with the noodles.
4. Slice the turkey strips in half and season with a pinch of sea salt. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the turkey strips for 7-8 mins, until golden and cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, cut the lime in half. Squeeze the juice from the whole lime over the noodle salad, followed by the honey and fish sauce. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and mix well. Add the turkey to the noodles and mix well.
6. Divide the Vietnamese turkey salad between two bowls and garnish with the peanuts.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person