Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
This aromatic and delicately spiced fish tikka masala is our Mindful version of the curry house favourite. Packed with fresh ginger and spinach, we've served this with nutty black rice.
648 calories • 58g carbs • 30g fat • 35g protein
Fish, Mustard, Sulphites
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and place in a saucepan with 500ml boiling water and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins, then drain.
2. Thinly slice the onion and the half red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger. Finely chop the coriander leaves and stalks, keeping them separate. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
3. Heat a large dry frying pan on a medium-high heat and toast the coconut chips for 3 mins until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Heat the same frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 5 mins until softening. Add the coriander stalks, garlic, ginger and half of the chilli to the pan, cook for 2 mins. Add the tikka masala paste and cherry tomatoes and cook for another 3 mins, stirring constantly.
5. Meanwhile, season the coley with salt, pepper and squeeze on the juice of half the lemon. Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Place in the oven for 12-15 mins until cooked through.
6. To the vegetable pan, add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 mins, then stir through the spinach.
7. Spoon the black rice onto two warm plates alongside the curry and top with the coley. Sprinkle with the coconut chips, coriander leaves, remaining chilli and drizzle with the remaining lemon juice.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person