Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
We wrap our delicious sustainably sourced salmon in nori seaweed and bake it in the oven to intensify the flavour. Served on a bed of fragrant ginger and spring onion rice with fresh sesame seeds, cucumber, grated carrot and a drizzle of tamari.
503 calories • 47g carbs • 20g fat • 38g protein
Fish, Sesame, Soya
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. To assemble the nori wrapped salmon; put the nori sheet on a flat surface, place the salmon fillet to one edge of the nori sheet, dampen your finger with a little cold water and lightly rub over the nori sheet to soften, roll up the salmon fillet (to resemble a sausage shape) then run a wet finger along one edge of the nori sheet to seal it. Tuck the loose ends underneath and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven for 12-13 mins until cooked through.
3. Peel and finely chop or grate the ginger. Thinly slice the spring onion. Heat a frying pan with 2 tsp oil on a medium heat then add the ginger and spring onion and cook for 1-2 mins, stirring occasionally. Add 1 tbsp cold water and the rice to the pan and cook for 5 mins until piping hot.
4. Peel and grate the carrot, leave to one side.
5. Dice the baby cucumber into small cubes then place into a bowl with half of the sesame seeds.
6. Spoon the rice into two warm bowls. Slice the salmon and place over the rice, then place the sesame cucumber and grated carrot alongside. Sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds over the carrot. Place the tamari in a small ramekin as a dipping sauce or, alternatively, pour over the entire dish.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person