Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Dish up the South of France on your dinner table with our take on trout. Delicate, sustainably sourced fish – roasted to peak juiciness – meets crunchy green beans, tender potatoes and a Dijon-warmed lemony drizzle.
753 calories • 86g carbs • 26g fat • 48g protein
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / fan 160C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
2. Trim the green beans and slice the baby potatoes into quarters.
3. Place the potatoes into a saucepan, cover with boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins, then add the green beans and cook for a further 5 mins until the vegetables are tender, then drain.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop or crush the garlic and remove the thyme leaves from the stalks. Zest half of the lemon. Thinly slice the radishes.
5. Season the trout with sea salt and black pepper. Place the trout fillets in a foil or baking paper parcel. Sprinkle over the lemon zest, capers, thyme leaves and garlic. Then drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and half of the juice from the lemon. Place in the oven for 12-15 mins until the trout is cooked through.
6. To make the lemon vinaigrette; in a small bowl, add the Dijon mustard (to taste), remaining lemon juice to taste and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper and mix or whisk until combined.
7. Place the mixed salad leaves on two warm plates, scatter over the potatoes, green beans and sliced radishes and top with the trout. Drizzle over the lemon vinaigrette.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person