Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A perfectly balanced composition of black sesame, pan-fried salmon, crunchy fresh veg, and sweet juicy mango. Served on brown rice with a tangy lime, honey and chilli dressing. Always a customer favourite.
632 calories • 72g carbs • 24g fat • 37g protein
Fish, Sesame, Soya
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins.
2. Trim the mangetout and slice in half lengthways. Thinly slice the radishes into small batons and finely slice the spring onions, removing the root end. Roughly chop the coriander. Peel and de-stone the mango and cut into small 1cm cubes.
3. Place the black sesame seeds on a plate with a pinch of sea salt. Coat the salmon fillets in this mix and press into the salmon so the sesame seeds stick to the salmon on all sides.
4. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the salmon fillets for 10 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through and turning golden brown. In the last 2 mins of cooking, add the mangetout to the pan.
5. To make the spicy dressing; finely chop the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). In a small bowl, mix the red chilli with the tamari, sesame oil, honey and the juice from the lime.
6. When the rice is cooked, drain then place in a bowl and stir through half of the dressing, spring onion, radishes, mango, coriander and cooked mangetout.
7. Spoon the spicy vegetable rice into two warm bowls. Flake the salmon into bite-sized pieces and arrange on top. Drizzle over the remaining dressing.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person