Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Sweet teriyaki glaze and roasted pak choi meet our sustainably sourced salmon in this light dish, inspired by popular Asian flavours. We plate the fish up with healthy yellow pepper and spinach fried rice.
551 calories • 71g carbs • 16g fat • 29g protein
Celery, Fish, Soya, Sulphites
Prep time: 10 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 600ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked, then drain.
2. Peel the carrots and cut into 1cm pieces, cut the yellow peppers into 1cm pieces and peel and grate the ginger and garlic. Cut the baby pak choi vertically into four pieces.
3. To make the teriyaki sauce; in a small bowl mix the ginger, garlic, tamari, maple syrup, aged balsamic, chilli flakes and juice from the lime (to taste).
4. Heat a medium sized pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the carrots and yellow peppers for 5 mins until softened. Then add the spinach and cook further for a minute to wilt, then add the cooked brown rice and mix all together. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and set aside to keep warm.
5. Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and drizzle over over the teriyaki sauce. Place in the oven for 7 mins, then add the pak choi to the baking tray, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Place the baking tray back in the oven for 5-8 mins or until the salmon is cooked through and the pak choi is turning golden.
6. To serve, spoon the vegetable fried rice onto four warm plates. Place the teriyaki salmon on top and the pak choi alongside.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person