Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Warmed by aromatic spice paste and zippy ginger, our sustainably sourced coley is the hero of this curry. In true Mindful Chef style, we keep things light with fresh veg and healthy black rice.
1174 calories • 111g carbs • 49g fat • 70g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and place in a saucepan with 500ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins until cooked.
2. Peel and finely chop or grate the garlic and ginger. Thinly slice the onion and cut the red pepper into bite- sized pieces. Trim the mangetout. Roughly chop the coriander leaves.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, then add the yellow Thai curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook for 7 mins, then add the red pepper and the mangetout, stirring to coat in the paste. Finally, add the coconut milk, then season with sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 5 mins. Add more boiling water if required.
4. Add the coley to the pan and cook for a further 5-7 mins with the lid on, until the fish is cooked through. Stir through half of the coriander leaves.
5. Drain the black rice.
6. Serve the Thai yellow fish curry in two warm bowls alongside the black rice and garnish with the remaining coriander leaves.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person