Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
These juicy pork meatballs are made from outdoor-reared, heritage pork. We add aged balsamic and honey to lend them a slightly sweet, rich depth of flavour. Served on courgette ribbons instead of traditional pasta for a lighter, fresher supper.
442 calories • 29g carbs • 18g fat • 40g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Slice the sundried tomatoes into quarters and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
2. Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti using a peeler and slice the courgettes into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
3. In a bowl, mix together half of the dried Italian herbs and half of the garlic with the pork mince. Stir in the honey and balsamic vinegar and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form into 10 meatballs.
4. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the meatballs for 8-10 mins, turning occasionally until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the remaining garlic for 1 minute, then add the passata, 50ml boiling water, the sundried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. Simmer gently for 10 mins until thickened. Season and stir in the remaining dried Italian herbs, spinach and meatballs and place a lid on the pan. Cook for a further 5 mins until the pork is cooked through.
6. In the same pan that the meatballs were in, add the courgetti and cook for 1-2 mins until softening.
7. Place the courgetti into two warm bowls and spoon over the pork meatballs and sauce.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person