Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
It’s spaghetti and meatballs – but with a signature Mindful Chef twist. Instead of pasta we use satisfying, fibre-rich courgetti noodles, and add pep to our outdoor-reared, heritage pork meatballs with aged balsamic and sticky honey.
613 calories • 57g carbs • 22g fat • 48g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Slice the sun- dried tomatoes into quarters and cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Finely dice the large tomatoes.
2. Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti using a peeler - slice the courgettes into long, thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
3. In a bowl, mix together half of the dried Italian herbs and half of the garlic with the pork mince. Stir in the honey and balsamic vinegar and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form into 10 meatballs.
4. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the meatballs for 8-10 mins, turning occasionally until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the remaining garlic for 1 minute, then add the diced tomatoes, tomato puree, 50ml boiling water, the sun-dried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. Simmer gently for 10 mins until thickened. Season with sea salt and black pepper and stir in the remaining dried Italian herbs, spinach and meatballs and place a lid on the pan. Simmer for a further 5 mins until the pork is cooked through.
6. In the same pan that the meatballs were in, add the courgetti and cook for 1-2 mins until softening.
7. Place the courgetti into two warm bowls and spoon over the pork meatballs and sauce.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person