Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Tom Yum is a delicious spicy blend of Thai flavours including lemongrass, galangal, garlic and chilli. We've added tender chicken, coconut milk and mangetout to this soup with crunchy carrot and courgette noodles.
524 calories • 29g carbs • 24g fat • 48g protein
1. Finely slice the spring onions and slice the baby sweetcorn in half lengthways. Roughly chop the coriander. Thinly slice the chicken breasts.
2. Peel the carrot. Using a peeler, remove the ends of and slice the carrots and courgettes into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one). Trim the mangetout.
3. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the chicken, cook for 8 mins until golden brown. Add the baby sweetcorn, mangetout and half of the spring onions and cook for 2 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug with 150ml boiling water.
6. To a separate pan add the vegetable stock and coconut milk and stir in the Tom Yum paste. Bring to the boil then stir in the vegetable noodles. Add a squeeze of lime juice (to taste) and simmer for a minute.
7. Spoon the Tom Yum soup into two warm bowls, top with the cooked chicken and veggies and sprinkle over the coriander and remaining spring onions.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person