Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
The world’s most hardworking legumes, we love chickpeas for their versatility and the way they absorb flavour. Here they’re simmered with a heady mix of allspice, cinnamon and saffron, and served on parsley rice.
503 calories • 92g carbs • 10g fat • 19g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins.
2. Finely slice the onion and crush the garlic. Roughly chop the dried apricots. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
3. Heat a large frying pan on a medium-high heat and cook the flaked almonds for 2-3 mins until turning golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Drain the chickpeas. Heat the same pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 5 mins. Add the garlic in for the last 2 mins of cooking. Then add the baharat spice and tomato puree and cook for 1 minute. Add the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, spinach, dried apricots, maple syrup (to taste) and 200ml boiling water and season with sea salt and black pepper. Simmer for 10 mins until thickened.
5. Roughly chop the parsley leaves. Drain the brown rice and stir in 3/4 of the chopped parsley.
6. Serve the brown rice in two warm bowls, top with the baharat chickpea mix and sprinkle over the toasted flaked almonds and remaining parsley.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person