Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
This Caribbean-inspired curry combines the light aromatic flavours of ginger, mango and coconut to create a colourful summertime dish. Earthy black beans and brown rice add a rich contrast.
683 calories • 96g carbs • 26g fat • 20g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked.
2. Finely slice the red onion. Peel and finely chop or grate the ginger and garlic. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Peel and cut the mango into 1cm cubes, removing the stone. Cut the sugar snaps in half widthways. Finely chop the coriander leaves.
3. In a bowl, roughly mash half of the mango. Drain and rinse the black beans.
4. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, add the red onion and pepper to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Then add the garlic and ginger to the pan with the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the mashed mango, sugar snap peas, black beans and coconut milk. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Finally add the remaining mango pieces along with half the chopped coriander and cook for 2 mins.
6. Drain the brown rice and place on two warm plates, top with the Caribbean-style mango and red pepper curry and scatter over the remaining coriander.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person