Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Succulent mango, warm ginger, velvety coconut – this Caribbean-inspired curry packs all the tropical sunshine vibes you’re craving. Creamy black beans fill you up, while juicy red pepper brings immune system-supporting vitamin C.
990 calories • 186g carbs • 14g fat • 37g protein
Celery, Mustard, Sulphites
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked. Dissolve the creamed coconut in a jug with 150ml boiling water.
2. Finely slice the red onion. Peel and finely chop or grate the ginger and garlic. Cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Peel and cut the mango into 1cm cubes, removing the stone. Cut the sugar snaps in half widthways. Finely chop the coriander leaves.
3. In a bowl, roughly mash half of the mango. Drain and rinse the black beans.
4. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, add the red onion and pepper to the pan and cook for 2-3 mins until softened. Then add the garlic and ginger to the pan with the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the mashed mango, sugar snap peas, black beans and creamed coconut. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Finally add the remaining mango pieces along with half the chopped coriander and cook for 2 mins.
6. Drain the brown rice and place on two warm plates, top with the Caribbean-style mango and red pepper curry and scatter over the remaining coriander.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person