Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
We use curried chickpeas for our vegan take on this Anglo-Indian classic. To add summery, fresh and aromatic flavours we serve them alongside juicy mango, pickled onion, crunchy radishes and sweet mangetout.
583 calories • 98g carbs • 19g fat • 19g protein
Celery, Mustard, Sulphites
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins.
2. Finely slice the red onion. Slice the sugar snap peas in half lengthways and thinly slice the radishes. Peel and de-stone the mango and cut into small 1cm cubes.
3. Place 1/3 of the red onion into a bowl and add 3/4 of the apple cider vinegar with a pinch of sea salt. Mix to combine and leave to pickle.
4. Heat a large frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the remaining onion for 7 mins until softened.
5. Drain the chickpeas. Add the curry powder and chickpeas to the pan and cook for a further 3 mins. Stir in the coconut yoghurt and remaining apple cider vinegar, 1-2 tbsp cold water and simmer on a gentle heat for 5 mins, adding a little more water to thin the sauce if needed. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Drain the brown rice, place back in the saucepan and stir through the sugar snap peas, radishes and rocket. Remove the onion from the pickle.
7. Spoon the rice onto two warm plates and top with the coronation chickpeas, the mango and the pickled red onion.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person