Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A creamy mushroom, shallot and kale bake with nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour and a sprinkling of toasted ground hazelnuts. The winter salad alongside is packed with sautéed Brussels sprouts, sweet pomegranate seeds and crunchy walnuts.
586 calories • 63g carbs • 28g fat • 22g protein
Mustard, Nuts, Sulphites
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Finely chop the garlic and thinly slice the mushrooms. Dice the shallot. Roughly chop the kale. Drain and rinse the butter beans.
2. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the garlic and shallot for 3 mins, then add the mushrooms for 2 mins. Then stir in the kale, butter beans, Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast and cashew cream and bring to a simmer. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Place in a small ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the ground hazelnuts and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 15 mins.
3. Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice the sprouts. Roughly break up the walnuts.
4. Place the sprouts and walnuts onto a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10 mins until the sprouts turn crispy.
5. While the bake is in the oven slice the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds.
6. Place the roasted sprouts and walnuts in a bowl and stir through the apple cider vinegar to taste, then add the pomegranate seeds. Season with black pepper.
7. Spoon the creamy mushroom bake onto two warm plates alongside the warm winter salad.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person