Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
For our take on the Malaysian comfort food laksa, we pour a creamy lemongrass coconut soup over crunchy carrot noodles, tenderstem broccoli and golden fried tofu. An instant vegan favourite.
510 calories • 37g carbs • 31g fat • 23g protein
1. Trim the ends of the lemongrass, discard the outer layer and finely chop. Finely slice the onion. Peel and finely chop or grate the ginger and garlic and finely slice the chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Trim the ends of the tenderstem broccoli and cut in half widthways, cut any thick stalks in half lengthways.
2. Peel the carrots and trim the root end. Prepare the carrot noodles using a peeler and slice the carrots into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one). Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towel. Cut into 2 cm cubes.
3. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the tofu for 10 mins, turning occasionally until golden brown. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
4. Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug with 200ml boiling water. Roughly chop the coriander leaves.
5. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened. Then add the lemongrass, ginger and garlic and fry for 2 mins, then add the tenderstem broccoli and cook for a further 3 mins. Add the tamarind paste, coconut milk, vegetable stock and carrot noodles. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins. Then stir the tofu and half the coriander into the laksa soup.
6. Spoon the laksa soup into two warm bowls and scatter over the remaining coriander and the sliced red chilli. Squeeze over juice from the half lime (to taste).
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person