Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Fragrant thyme, sweet sundried tomato, earthy mushroom – our plant-based bolognese stars classic Italian flavours, but uses mineral-rich lentils rather than beef. We replace pasta with lighter courgetti, too, and sneak in crunch with pine nuts.
807 calories • 89g carbs • 35g fat • 38g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the lentils and place in a pan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to the boil, place a lid on the pan and simmer for 20-25 mins until tender (the water should be absorbed).
2. Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic. Peel and finely dice the carrot. Finely slice the mushrooms and cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs. Finely dice the large tomatoes.
3. Heat a large pan with 2 tsp oil on a medium heat, add the garlic and carrot and cook for 5 mins. Then add the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes to the pan for 5 mins until all the vegetables have softened.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato puree, sundried tomato paste and the thyme leaves to the vegetable pan and cook for a further 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Meanwhile, remove the ends of the courgettes but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti using a peeler and slice the courgettes into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer).
6. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, add the courgetti and cook for 1 minute until the courgetti has slightly softened.
7. Drain the lentils and stir through the vegetable bolognese sauce. Serve the courgetti on two warm plates and spoon the lentil bolognese over the middle of the courgetti. Sprinkle over the pine nuts.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person