Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
A delicious fusion of rich, earthy flavours and juicy, ripe red cherries. We mix roasted aubergine and courgette with chickpeas and fresh cherries. A sticky tahini and pomegranate molasses drizzle adds sweetness and creamy depth.
444 calories • 61g carbs • 20g fat • 17g protein
Celery, Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame
1. Preheat the oven to 220C / gas mark 7. Thinly slice the aubergine into rounds. Remove the ends of the courgette. Using a peeler, make long thin ribbons from the courgette. Place in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt and mix well (to soften the courgette).
2. Place the aubergine on a baking tray, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and scatter with the cumin seeds. Place in the oven for 10 mins or until soft.
3. Meanwhile, slice the red cherries in half, removing the stones and the stalk. Finely dice the half shallot. Roughly chop the parsley and mint leaves.
4. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the courgette. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place in a bowl with the dukkah and 1/2 tbsp olive oil and mix well. Then add the roasted aubergine, courgette, cherries, shallot, rocket, mint and parsley. Combine and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
5. For the dressing; in a small bowl mix together the tahini, a drizzle of pomegranate molasses (to taste) and 1-2 tbsp cold water.
6. Spoon the roasted veggie chickpea salad onto two warm plates and drizzle over the tahini dressing. Roughly break up the walnuts and scatter over.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person