Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Tropical tamarind lends tang, fresh ginger and chilli bring heat, and mangetout adds an essential dose of Vitamin C – this Asian-inspired vegan stir-fry, featuring protein-packed tofu, is a sure-fire winner.
750 calories • 100g carbs • 25g fat • 33g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked, then drain.
2. Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towel. Cut the tofu into 2cm pieces. In a large bowl, mix the cornflour with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Thinly coat the tofu in the cornflour.
3. Finely chop the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat) and peel and grate or finely chop the ginger. Finely slice the spring onions, removing the root ends. Thinly slice the chestnut mushrooms and trim the mangetout.
4. To make the sauce; in a bowl, mix the tamari with the tamarind paste, maple syrup, ginger and chilli.
5. Heat a wok or frying pan with 2 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the tofu for 10 mins, turning occasionally until turning golden brown. Then add the mushrooms, spring onions and mangetout and cook for 4-5 mins until softening.
6. Pour in the sauce, stir to coat and leave to cook for 2 mins.
7. Spoon the brown rice into two warm bowls and top with the sticky tamarind and ginger tofu, mushrooms and mangetout.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person