Not a Mindful Chef customer?
Try healthy and delicious recipe boxes.
Crafted by us. Cooked by you.
- 16 new healthy recipes each week
- 100% dairy and gluten-free
- The UK's highest rated recipe box
Made with courgette noodles, firm tofu and a touch of chilli, our veggie Pad Thai swaps fish sauce for lime and tamari. It’s simple, filling and fresh.
510 calories • 35g carbs • 30g fat • 29g protein
Peanuts, Sesame, Soya
1. Finely chop or grate the garlic. Finely chop the chilli (remove the seeds for less heat) and finely slice the spring onions, removing the root ends. Peel and slice the carrots into matchsticks and thinly slice the yellow pepper.
2. Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgette noodles using a peeler and slice the courgettes into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
3. Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towel. Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes.
4. Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp sesame oil on a medium heat and cook the tofu for 5 mins, then add half of the tamari and cook for another 5 mins until golden brown, turning occasionally.
5. Meanwhile, to make the sauce; mix the peanut paste with the remaining tamari, the maple syrup, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, the juice from half of the lime, 1 tbsp water and half of the chopped chilli.
6. Heat another frying pan with the remaining sesame oil on a medium heat and cook the garlic and remaining chilli for 1 minute. Then add the carrot, spring onions and yellow pepper for 2 mins. If the pan is a little dry, add 1 tbsp water to help soften the vegetables. Finally add the courgette noodles and the sauce and cook for a further minute.
7. Serve the Pad Thai in two warm bowls, top with the tofu and drizzle over the remaining lime juice.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person